How We Collect Information
Wiley may collect personal information about you in the following ways:
(1) directly from your verbal or written input (such as by consenting to receiving marketing emails or indirectly through third parties with whom we work closely (see below “Information We Receive From Other Sources”);
(2) automatically through Wiley’s website technologies including tracking online, such as by Web cookies (which are small text files created by websites that are stored on your computer), by smart devices, by combining data sets, by collecting data from a browser or device for use on a different computer or device, or by using algorithms to analyze a variety of data such as records of purchases, online behavioral data, or location data; or
(3) by closed-circuit television (if visiting our premises).
Information You Provide
The types of information that Wiley collects directly from you or through your use of our websites and services may include the following depending on how you interact with Wiley:
- Contact details, such as your name, email address, postal address, username, and telephone number;
- Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses used to connect your computer to the Internet;
- Educational and professional interests;
- Tracking codes such as cookies;
- Usernames and passwords;
- Payment information, such as a credit or debit card number;
- Comments, feedback, posts and other content you provide to Wiley (including through a Wiley website);
- Communication preferences;
- Purchase and search history;
- Location-aware services, the physical location of your device in order to provide you with more relevant content for your location;
- Information about your personal preferences, and interests; and
- Communications with other users of Wiley’s services.
In order to access certain content and to make use of additional functionality and features of Wiley’s websites and services, we may ask you to register for an account by completing and submitting a registration form, which may request additional information.
If you choose to register and sign in by using a third-party account (such as your Facebook account), the authentication of your login is handled by the third party. Wiley will collect your name, email address and any other information about your third-party account that you agree to share with us at the time you give permission for your Wiley account to be linked to your third-party account.
Information We Receive from Other Sources
Wiley may receive information about you if you use any of the websites we operate or the other services we provide. We also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners and sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services; advertising networks; data and analytics providers; academic institutions; journal owners, societies and similar organizations; search information providers, and credit reference agencies) from whom Wiley may receive information about you.